Building a successful website is no longer considered to be a job only HTML aficiondos do. Web hosting is now mainstream and we’re help to find you find your fit.
Are you a neophyte yearning to unleash your first website? Or maybe a seasoned veteran researching the world’s best web hosting services to use as the ideal platform for the next big thing? Either way, you’ve come to the best resource online for choosing the perfect website hosting provider for your needs.
So whether you are in the market for cheap hosting, shared hosting, website builders or WordPress hosting providers, we have got you covered with recommendations and advice.
We reviewed (and re-reviewed) more than 120 web hosting providers as of May 2019. If you want to buy web hosting from a service provider, these are the five most important things to remember:
Web hosting: 5 handy tips before you get started
1. You almost always get what you paid for: If your website is primarily a hobby on the side then that shouldn’t matter. However, as an essential business tool, it is often false economy to go for the cheapest deal (or a free one) on offer especially as…
2. Beware of pricing tricks: …. the overwhelming majority of website hosting vendors offer low prices at the beginning of their contracts but then jack up the pricing after the introductory period ends. That can be 24, 36 or even 60 months after signing up.
3. Just how trustworthy is the provider: Just about anyone can pretend to be a real web host and just be reselling someone else’s products. So, look to see how long they’ve been around, do they have a contact address, who owns them, are they making realistic promises on the website etc.
4. Know your limits: How comfortable are you with creating your own website? Do you need external help to understand the numerous ramifications (including legal and commercial ones) that publishing one entails.
5. Consider website builders: You don’t need website hosting to get online and website builders offer an interesting alternative. However you cannot migrate your content easily if you want to leave thanks to their proprietary platforms.
The best web hosting companies right now:
- The best web hosting provider right now overall is InMotion hosting. It’s the best all-rounder in the market and is able to service individuals and businesses of all sizes looking for WordPress or ecommerce hosting.
- Bluehost is another web hosting provider worth looking at. Part of one of the world’s largest website hosting companies and with a solid set of features, it is regularly ranked amongst the top web hosts. Read more about these web hosting services and more below!