Well, you’re using shared hosting, until your site starts growing and receives a lot of traffic. This is the time when things start to go wrong, the website hangs, stays off the air and you think: what to do ? The Answer : Cheap VPS Hosting ! Yes, shared hosting can be good when you just start a website or create a small website.
But if you really want to build a bigger project, you need a Virtual Private Server. But what is the best hosting provider for virtual servers today ? Which are the cheapest ? Which has the best features and support ? So here in this message you can see which are the best and cheapest VPS providers.
If you still have questions about what Virtual Private Server is, you can find useful information at the end of this message.
Best Cheap VPS Hosting Services 2019
Below is a list of the best cheap VPS providers to buy in 2019 “reviewed & compared”, chosen by WPOneapp (servers for America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa and the Middle East). And also read our brief review of each and the comments from customers.
The reliability level is based on the opinions of customers of these hosting providers, found by WPOneapp.
Hostwinds (Windows & Linux)
(4.9 / 5)
Features and Prices
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Support 24/7;
- 99.99999% Uptime
- Night Backups;
- Free Website Transfer
- Cheap VPS/ Fully Managed
- DDOS Protection
- Linux VPS : start at $ 4.49 per month (unmanaged Linux) and $ 5.17 per month (fully managed Linux);
- Windows VPS : starts at $ 8.99 per month (unmanaged) and $ 7.52 per month (managed); There is a discount for the last plan. 1-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 30GB of storage.
- Data Centers located in the United States
- Up to 53% OFF for new users
About Hostwinds – “Cheap & Managed VPS Hosting”
This is undoubtedly one of the best VPS hosting providers in the world. Founded in 2010, Hostwinds has as a principle, to take the satisfaction of its customers in 100%. So much so that one of his best qualities is the excellent customer service. They offer web hosting services, cloud hosting, dedicated servers and VPS.
For those who offer fully managed VPS hosting, Hostwinds is certainly one of the cheapest VPS providers on the market. Based on Linux / Windows and with 99.99999% uptime guarantee, it sure will be the choice of many. Remember that they still give you a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Well this really indicates that your hosting services are great.
Prices for managed VPS servers start at $ 5.17. If your choice is for unmanaged hosting plans start at $ 4.49. Based on what your customers say, Hostwinds is certainly able to fulfill its satisfaction guarantee.
Contabo (Windows/Linux VPS)
(4.7 / 5)
Features and Price
- Windows or Linux VPS
- DNS Management; DDoS Protection
- Full Access to Root; Support 24/7
- Cheap Virtual Servers
- IPv6 Support; 100% SSD
- Awarded as best server in Germany
- Start at € 3.99 per month (Linux VPS)
- € 9.98 per month (Windows VPS);
- Configuration: 2-core processor, 4GB RAM, 300GB of disk space and unlimited traffic.
- Servers located in Europe (Germany)
- 1 Month Free for Annual Plans
About Contabo – “Inexpensive & Great VPS Provider European”
Contabo, as well as other services on this list, has been on the market for 15 years. Founded in Germany, it started with the name of “Giga-International“, offering only website hosting. Over time, it has grown and acquired several awards in its history. With a strong customer base in Europe, today one can say that this is one of the best web hosting services.
Apart from the common hosting, Contabo also offers dedicated servers / VPS and domain registration. Here’s something to say, since their VPS hosting is one of the cheapest on the international market. Their prices start at € 3.99 for Linux and € 9.98 for Windows. The administration panel can be Cpanel / WHM, Plesk, Webmin or LAMP.
Contabo’s data centers are located in Munich and Nuremberg (Germany). Today they have clients in various parts of the world and according to the opinion of some of them this is one of the best VPS hosting providers. If you sign the annual plan, they will give you 1 month free.
(4.7 / 5)
Features and Price
- 24/7 Technical Support
- SSD Storage
- 99.95% up-time guaranteed
- No single point of failure
- Windows & Linux operating system edition (100+ OS images)
- 13 data centers in 4 continents
- Price start in $9.00 per Month
- Configuration : 1vCPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB Storage and 5000GB Mensal Traffic
- Server Locations : United States, Canada, Israel, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Germany and Netherlands
- 30 days free trial
About Kamatera – “VPS Servers with Cloud Infrastructure”
Technology has gone a step further, and we now have companies that offer cloud VPS hosting services. As I was looking for a reliable company that provides cloud VPS hosting services, I came across the Kamatera. The company has more than 12 data centers that are situated in 4 continents. Kamatera cloud servers also support Windows and Linux operating systems.
The services offered by the company are also very reliable. Additionally, when signing up for the first time, the kamatera cloud servers issues a 30-day free trial.
After looking into the features of the Kamatera cloud servers, I could easily conclude that these might be the fastest servers across the world. It’s make use of the fastest Intel Xeon gold processors that are 300% more powerful than processors from previous generations. The Kamatera cloud servers also offer 40GB for both private and public networks. The networking speed is also very fast when dealing with the servers and the internet.
Other cloud hosting VPS companies make use of HDD whereas kamatera cloud servers make use of SSD (Solid-State Drive) storage. The SSD technology guarantees high speeds, and it is also a reliable storage system. If you are looking for a suitable cloud VPS hosting service provider, you should opt for Kamatera cloud servers; they guarantee quality services.
A2 Hosting (Windows/Linux)
(4.8 / 5)
Features and Price
- Uptime: 99.9%; Support: 24/7
- Control Panel: Cpanel or Plesk
- Root Access; Free SSL and SSD
- Refund Guarantee at any time
- Managed and Unmanaged VPS Server
- Up to 20 times faster
- Free Site Migration
- Linux VPS : starts at $ 5 (month) (unmanaged VPS) 512 MB RAM Disk space: 20 GB, 2TB of traffic.
- Windows VPS : starts at $ 36.29 (month), (fully managed) 4 GB RAM, storage: 75 GB, 2TB of traffic.
- Data centers are localized in Singapore (Asia), Amsterdam (Europe) and Arizona, Michigan (America).
- 34% OFF for Managed VPS
About A2 Hosting – “One of the Best VPS Hosting with Many Features”
This is the hosting we use here in WPOneapp and we want to show this to you. They offer up to 99.9% uptime, servers up to 20 times faster and as a customer I can tell you that this is one of the best accommodations I have ever encountered. This may not be the cheapest hosting provider, but the quality of the service, the stability of their servers and support are worth more than anything.
But what I really like about A2 Hosting is undoubtedly the speed of its servers. It’s something that really makes me happy on a hosting site, besides, it’s very rare that my site is down, and if so, it’s for a few minutes. This makes it clear that your uptime is excellent.
This provider offers both managed and unmanaged VPS servers. You can also choose the Windows and Linux operating system. Their prices start at $ 5 (linux) for unmanaged VPS. For managed VPS hosting plans starts at $ 32.99 (Linux), $ 36.29 (Windows VPS). A2 Hosting also offers VPS in the cloud (fully customizable).
Interserver (Linux & Windows VPS)
(4.8 / 5)
Features and Price
- Windows & Linux VPS Servers
- Instantaneous Settings ; Root Directory Access
- Multiple Operating Systems
- OpenVZ or KVM; Activity Time Tracking
- SSD Virtual Server; 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- Hundreds of Applications for your VPS
- DNS Manager; Support 24/7
- Start at $ 6.00 per month (Linux Server)
- $ 10.00 per month (Windows VPS) ;
1 GB of RAM, 25 GB of disk space.
- Data centers localized in United States
- “Cloud Infrastructure”
- First month offer for $ 0.01
About Interserver – “Cloud Virtual Servers with OpenVZ or KVM”
Interserver is a company that has been in the market for about 20 years. With a quality service and good support, it has won many customers over time. In the same way that time passed, this provider also grew. And today, they offer some types of services like: web hosting, VPS, dedicated servers and Cloud.
With data centers located in the United States, Interserver VPS servers are offered on Linux and Windows. Its structure is based on Cloud. This is perhaps one of the virtual server providers that you can call “good and cheap.” Their prices start at $ 6.00 for VPS linux, for Windows servers plans start at $ 10.00.
For the initial plans there is 1GB of RAM, 1 core processor, 25GB of storage and 1TB of traffic. If you are looking for cheap and good VPS hosting, maybe giving the Interserver a try might be a great idea.
IO Zoom (Windows/Linux)
(4.6 / 5)
Features and Prices
- Free DDoS Protection; 100% SSD
- Windows or Linux VPS
- Free Migration Assistance
- 100% uptime guaranteed
- Control panel: Cpanel or Plesk
- Free Management; VPS Reseller
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Daily Backup
- Linux VPS : start at $ 8.00 (month) 2 GB of RAM and disk space: 20 GB
- Windows VPS : start at $ 10.00 (month) 2 GB of RAM and disk space: 30GB
- Cloud VPS : start at $ 5.00
- Data centers in Los Angeles, Chicago, New Jersey, Dallas, Miami(United States); Amsterdam,NL(Europe)
About IO Zoom – “VPS Specialist with SSD & 100% Uptime Guaranteed”
IO Zoom was founded in 2015 and specializes in virtual servers. So much so that your most important hosting plans are: VPS in the cloud, VPS Windows / Linux servers and WordPress hosting. As a high-performance hosting provider, you will surely find very cheap virtual servers, starting at $ 5.00.
Perhaps this is one of the most indicated VPS providers in this list. This is due to the simple fact that IO Zoom is a specialist in this hosting model. Certainly, their servers are among the best in the industry and of course because of their strong commitment to VPS, WordPress and cloud hosting.
Now, if you are looking for a WordPress VPS, they will surely have it. They have developed specific solutions for this. Your cloud VPS hosting, comes with SSD and free DDoS protection. IO Zoom data centers are located in North America and Europe. Here you can buy VPS servers from $ 8.00 on Linux and $ 10.00 on Windows.
MochaHost (Linux/Windows OS)
(4.6 / 5)
Features and Prices
- Managed or unmanaged VPS servers
- 100% uptime guarantee; Free SSL Certificate
- SSD Storage; High Speed Warranty
- Malware and Spam Monitoring
- Support 24/7; Free CDN
- Unlimited traffic (from plan 2); SSH / root access
- Lifetime Discount (few hosting services offer this)
- Linux VPS : starts at $ 7.98 per month; 1GB of RAM, 1 Core Processor, 40GB of SSD storage and 500GB of traffic.
- Windows VPS : from $ 11.68 per month; 1GB of RAM, 1 Core Processor, 60GB of SSD storage and 1TB of traffic.
- 30-day money-back guarantee (plus 180 days without risk of loss)
- Take up to 50% OFF
About MochaHost – “Affordable VPS Servers with Exclusive Features”
Getting the best VPS hosting is certainly your goal. This is certainly one of the characteristics of MochaHost. Launched in 2002, this is one of the great hosting services this year. They offer varied products like: web hosting, VPS, dedicated servers, reseller hosting, domain registration and more.
With a strong partnership with CloudFlare, MochaHost is proud to offer a global service. Already your VPS servers are sure to be one of the best and cheapest on the market. Here you can choose between Windows and Linux, with optional management if you wish.
The prices of hosting virtual servers starts at $ 7.98 per month. With 100% uptime guarantee and a wide variety of features MochaHost certainly deserves to be on this list. So is MochaHost good ? Good, based on customer reviews, this provider guarantees an excellent hosting service, but maybe you can sin a little bit in the support.
(4.5 / 5)
Features and Price
- 99.9% Uptime; 24/7 Support
- 30-day warranty. Instant refund
- SSD disk space; Full access to the root
- Cheap Cloud VPS Hosting
- Dedicated IP with IPV4 and IPV6
- VPS Price start at US $3.95 (month), 1 GB RAM, 20 GB storage and 1 TB bandwidth.
- Data centers in North America, Europe and Asia
- Get up to 77% OFF
About Hostinger – “Affordable Linux VPS Servers with SSD & IPV6”
Hostinger is perhaps the best known hosting provider on this list. Founded in 2004, this is another service with years of market. According to official information, millions of users use this provider. One of the great successes of Hostinger in the past and the present was to offer a free hosting plan forever (obviously very limited).
This was certainly one of the main reasons to be known around the world. In the same way as they have grown, the quality of the service provided has also increased, because according to the assessment of many customers, this is one of the best hosting services on the website and at an excellent price.
Like other providers that are known in the market, they offer a wide range of services. Shared hosting, WordPress, Cloud hosting and Cheap VPS hosting are some examples of Hostinger’s services. Perhaps the only type of hosting that is lacking here is dedicated hosting.
The Hostinger virtual servers are one of the cheapest servers. These are based on the cloud and are only offered on Linux (there is a Windows subscription, but this is only available for Brazil). Their prices start at $ 3.95 (month) with 1 GB of RAM, 20 GB of storage space and 1,000 GB of bandwidth. That is why this provider is not only known, but also offers excellent service. If you are looking for a good and affordable VPS server, Hostinger should be able to provide a great service.
1&1 IONOS (Windows/Linux)
(4.4 / 5)
Features and Price
- Full Access to Root;
- Unlimited Traffic
- VMware Virtualization
- SSL Certificate Free
- Windows or Linux server
- Support 24/7;Uptime of 99.9%
- Starts at $ 5.00 (month) on Linux virtual server
- $ 14.99 (month) on Windows
Initial Plan : 1-core processor, unlimited traffic, 50GB SSD storage and 1GB RAM.
- Data Centers in the United States, Germany and Spain
- Get 50% OFF DISCOUNT or $ 1 per month for 6 months
About 1&1 IONOS – “Cheap Virtual Servers with Unlimited Traffic”
Headquartered in the United States, 1&1 IONOS began operating in 2003. It is certainly a provider with many years of experience in the market. This may be the company with the most services on this list. Let’s look at the following: website hosting, VPS and dedicated servers, website builder, domain registration and more.
For those looking to buy cheap VPS, surely 1&1 may be the right choice. With plans starting at $ 5.00, operating systems can be Windows or Linux. You can choose the server location between United States, Spain and Germany.
If you are in the United States or Europe (or even in Asia), 1&1 IONOS is sure to be useful, with free SSL and unlimited traffic. Your VPS hosting is one of the cheapest I found in my in depth online search with acceptable ratings from your customers.
(4.6 / 5)
Features and Price
- Real 24/7 support; Unlimited bandwidth
- Specialized in WordPress;
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Fully managed VPS servers;
- Cloud Computing
- SSD Server; Ubuntu OS
- Cheap Linux VPS hosting
- VPS From $ 13.75 (month) 1 GB of RAM; 30 GB of disk space; Unlimited traffic.
- Data centers in North America
- Get 8% off annual plan
About DreamHost – “Fully Managed Linux VPS Hosting”
With more than 400,000 customers at DreamHost, this is another hosting provider with more than 20 years of life. Over the years it has gained a great reputation and today Dreamhost is officially recommended by WordPress.org. The services are shared hosting, WordPress, VPS hosting, dedicated servers and cloud computing. Yes, we know they are good, but what about your virtual private server ?
The DreamHost VPS servers are fully managed and only offered on Linux. They guarantee 100% uptime, unlimited bandwidth and 24/7 support. In my detailed research on this provider, I noticed that customers praise the quality of the service and the price, since it starts at $ 13.75 (easier plan, 1 GB of RAM and 30 GB of storage).
Well, if you are looking for one of the best virtual servers to buy, Dreamhost is definitely recommended. Especially if you want to use WordPress because they have a strong cooperation with this CMS. Perhaps one of the best things about Dreamhost, whether it’s the way they offer their VPS subscriptions (cheap, managed and great features). So for those who offer a fully managed service, this provider is probably one of the most affordable plans.
MilesWeb (Windows & Linux)
(4.5 / 5)
Features and Price
- KVM Virtualization; Managed VPS
- Full Access to Root
- Cloud Infrastructure; SSD Storage
- Free VPS Migration; Cpanel or Plesk
- Server by AWS and DigitalOcean
- Start at $ 12.00 per month (Linux); 1-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 25GB of storage and 1TB of traffic.
- For Windows VPS prices start at $ 16.00 per month; 1 vCPU, 512MB of RAM, 30GB of storage and 512GB of traffic.
- Servers in Asia, North America, Oceania and Europe
About MilesWeb – “Best Cheap VPS India”
This is undoubtedly one of the best server hosting providers in India. MilesWeb has been offering hosting services since 2012. Its goal, they say, is to offer a fast, simple, reliable and accessible service to everyone. Certainly customer support is perhaps one of its great merits. Its services are VPS, dedicated servers, common hosting, cloud hosting and reseller.
When it comes to MilesWeb VPS hosting, there are two types. The first are their Linux VPS servers, fully managed by them and provided by DigitalOcean. With prices starting at $ 12.00, the servers are located in New York, San Francisco, London, Bangalore, Singapore, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Toronto.
Windows VPS servers are also fully managed with KVM virtualization, with servers located only in India. Prices for Windows start at $ 16.00. Well, overall it can be said that MilesWeb’s VPS hosting is cheap enough to cover so many features.
The Best VPS Hosting Provider Reviews
Here are the top customer reviews, found by WPOneapp.
“Contabo Amazing VPS”
I have buy VPS from Contabo i recived login information after 3h after your incredible payments support and all working great I can not believe it is true to have perfect VPS with this cheap price Thanks for all Contabo. Rating Contabo. 5/5Albina Zvrko
>> Get Started With Contabo
“Positive experience for a small business owner”
I am a new small business owner and chose DreamHost based on the reviews I read on many blogs and review sites. I am very happy to have made that decision. I’m using your shared hosting plan as it’s all I need for my business now, and I’m using FTP to upload my custom webdesigns to my server. It’s simple, easy to discover, and perfect for what my business needs right now. There is also plenty of room for my site to grow along with my business, which is good. My limited interaction with customer service at DreamHost was also very positive. They are friendly and very helpful. Rating DreamHost. 5/5Paul Alfred
>> Get Started With DreamHost
“Excellent and prompt service”
Whilst I’ve only had to submit tickets a few times in the past year, my issues have always been resolved very promptly … and always to my satisfaction. I don’t think I could ask any more of these guys. I’m extremely happy I moved to a managed VPS plan with A2 Hosting. Rating A2Hosting. 5/5Shane Porter
>> Get Started With A2 Hosting
“Hostwinds is very good, I think it’s the best of all”
After I hired Hostwinds, I saw my site faster. The Hostwinds service is Note 10, the site 100% online, and if you use CloudFlare, they have the Railgun, which further speeds up your site. I’ve already tried 15 great hosting providers. You can think of the 15 largest in Brazil and the United States and none have the quality of Hostwinds. They solve everything for the client, I speak everything you need in your VPS. Congratulations Hostwinds! Rating Hostwinds. 5/5Edivaldo Bsilva
>> Get Started With Hostwinds
“Support is Great”
I am using mochahost from past 7 months and i must say that their support is just awesome. Whenever I face any issue, I always try to reach them through their live chat support and these guys are awesome and very calm and always help you in your issue even when you are using VPS, because other providers not providing much support to the VPS users. Rating MochaHost . 4.6/5Saurabh Sharma
>> Get Started With MochaHost
The price of the plans could not be lower without being free! I’ve had some problems so far and your customer service has settled and done everything right for me! They are very quick to respond and good at their jobs. I wish they had a subdomain builder! That would be useful. Rating Hostinger. 4.7/5Jacob Lloyd
>> Get Started With Hostinger
Font : The reviews were taken from the social media and some “Opinions” websites.
Now that you know which are the best providers of private virtual servers, you can find out more about this type of hosting below.
What is Virtual Private Server (VPS) ?
First of all, perhaps you are a layman when it comes to VPS or Virtual Machine, but do not worry, we here at WPOneapp will answer your questions.
A VPS (virtual private server) consists of a very robust physical server, which is (virtually) divided into different parts. Through a technique called “virtualization”, various private servers are currently being created.
In this type of hosting, functions such as: processor, RAM and disk space are assigned to each virtual server (although they share physical resources). To better explain the VPS hosting, it is as if you are working with a dedicated server, naturally with less processing power.
For Which Type of Company is a VPS Server Indicated ?
In general, a VPS hosting is indicated for those who want full control over their applications or want to expand their site or electronic commerce. Similarly, when a site starts receiving traffic and shared hosting (the one that shares all resources with other accounts). This type of server can also be useful for anyone who wants to send a large amount of e-mail (e-mail marketing services) or wants to host things with PostgreSQL, JSP and ect.
The advantages of a virtual private server :
- Security : your data and functions are dedicated to you in this type of hosting, with the result that there will be a lot more privacy and security compared to shared hosting.
- Features specific to your account : Because your functions are assigned only to you, it ensures that your site is not affected by the lack of memory or disk space, by using another user on the same server.
- Cheap : if we compare a VPS with dedicated hosting, we will see that the former has almost the same characteristics as the second, for a much lower price.
Choose the Best Cheapest VPS Hosting Service
Finally it is time to opt for a cheap VPS hosting. If you have any questions, we can give you our latest tips. I know that choosing the best or cheapest hosting provider is not always an easy task.
Of course, if you plan to host a virtual server in the cloud ; IO Zoom, A2Hosting, Interserver, DreamHost and MilesWeb (these are also managed) are your best options.
If you now want Windows VPS, Contabo, A2, Hostwinds, Interserver, IO Zoom and MochaHost are certainly your best and cheapest solution and are also fully managed.
If VPS hosting on Linux is your choice, we have almost all providers on this list. For those who have the best hosting solutions, A2, IO Zoom, Hostwinds, Milesweb, Hostinger, Contabo, 1&1 IONOS and DreamHost (these are also managed) are certainly the best.
Best Virtual Server Hosting Providers by Region
- North America (Unites States, Canada) : everyone on this list
- South America (Brazil, Argentina..) : A2 Hosting, Hostinger, MochaHost
- Middle East and Africa (Iran, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates..) : Kamatera, Hostinger, A2 Hosting, Milesweb
- Europe (Germany, UK, Netherlands…) : A2 Hosting, IO Zoom, MilesWeb, Contabo, MochaHost, Hostinger, 1&1 IONOS
- Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo..) : A2 Hosting, MilesWeb, Hostinger, MochaHost, Kamatera
So this was the guide of the best cheapest VPS hosting providers. If you liked this post, do not forget to share on your social networks, choose the one that best suits you and any questions below.
See you !!
Did you like this guide ? Then leave your review.