9 HostGator Coupon Codes To Save 60% to 75% OFF Any Hosting Plan in 2019: A Complete List
If you want to buy a web hosting plan from HostGator, Don’t do it without using a HostGator coupon code. They have some amazing promo codes that give up to 75% off discounts. I’ve been hosting most of my websites with them since 2004 and launched this microsite in 2009 to be an always up-to-date source for the best Host Gator deals and tips.
I check and update the coupons list below twice a month to make sure that each code is still working. I also add any new coupons immediately and even have an exclusive one too as I’m one of their affiliates. So, If you’re looking to save your hard-earned dollars, Stop the search now. You will find each promo code currently working in the list below. You can get the first month for only 1 cent or get up to 75% off.
All other coupon sites are bloated with fake deals and clickbait, but you can take my list below to the bank. Just, Click on the best discount offer for your order:
HostGator Coupon Codes List for May 2019:
I last updated this list on May 3rd, 2019. All coupons still work. You won’t find duplicate promos that provide the same discount. I know about hundreds of other coupons, but I tune out all the duplicates or low-discount offers.
8 Super Important Tips & Saving Tricks to Know Before You Buy:
- All HostGator coupons give you a discount on your first invoice only (initial billing cycle, not renewals). So, I recommend that you pay for one year or more in advance to get the best possible discount and avoid having to renew at the regular price too soon. Look at it this way; instead of paying 1 cent today for your first month and renewing the following month for ~$9.95/mo, you can prepay for 1+ years and get ~$3/mo hosting for the whole period using the 60% off deal. Even if you can’t afford to pay for a full year up front, go with a 3-month or 6-month option, but never month-to-month unless you only have 1 cent to spend today!
- Some promo codes give progressive discounts based on the initial plan term you choose. The longer the initial billing cycle you pay for, the bigger the discount percentage you get. For example, one coupon may give you only 27% off if you pay for three months up front, but if you choose to pay for three years up front, you will get 63% off using the same coupon. You may also find that other coupons are only applicable to specific payment cycles or give you a discount on specific products (like VPS) or high-end plans. But you don’t have to check them one by one. Just check the “Best For” field beside each coupon above.
- Your initial billing cycle is simply the period you want to pay for in advance. You can choose between 1, 3, 6, 12, 24, or 36 months.
- All coupon codes provide discounts on web hosting services only and aren’t applicable for additional services like CodeGuard or Private WhoIS. Also, in most cases, coupon discounts won’t apply on domain name registration unless it is a limited-time offer like Black Friday deals or the web hosting bundle deal above.
- HostGator’s website gives you 20% to 30% off by default on most plans. The coupons provided on this page will override these default discounts.
- If you order a domain name with your hosting and your account is flagged, meaning an extra verification step due to fraud rates associated with your country, or inconsistency in your contact information, your domain registration will be delayed until you finish the verification process. That means the domain name you ordered will still be available for anyone else to register. So to avoid disappointment, make sure to keep a lookout for the verification email.
- Don’t be worried about paying for multiple years in advance, because you can always get a refund for your unused period at any time. For example, if you paid for three years today and changed your mind after a year for any reason, you will get a prorated refund for the remaining two years.
- Don’t forget to uncheck any add-on services you don’t need when ordering. You most probably won’t need any of them.
Which Coupon Should I Choose?
- If you pay for three months or more in advance which is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, then use the coupon code CRAZYMONTH to get a whopping 60% off any order.
- If you choose to pay month-to-month, which I do NOT recommend at all, then use the coupon PENNY2018 to get your first month for only 1 cent.
Why SHOULD You Pay For a Year Or More In Advance?
- It’s the only way to get the maximum discount and enjoy top overall savings
- You can cancel at any time and get a prorated refund for the unused term
- Your website is going to be around for a long time, so why select a discounted short-term plan that will ultimately mean you pay more in the long-term?
Caution: Extra Activation Step For Flagged Accounts – Here’s What to Do
Sometimes Hostgator requires customers from specific countries with high fraud rates to undertake an extra step in the verification process. You may be sent an email after you have purchased your hosting asking for a scanned copy of your Passport or other photo ID. It pays to make sure you don’t miss this email because if Hostgator don’t receive a reply from you within one week, you will be refunded in full and your account will be suspended.
How Do I Redeem a HostGator Coupon Code?
- Choose the coupon that best fits your needs from the table above
- Copy the code or click the “Activate Coupon” link to go to HostGator’s coupon activation page
- Paste the coupon code during checkout and Click “Validate”
- Voila! Your discount is applied. Just, Click “Checkout Now!”
Try It Risk-Free with HostGator’s 45 Day, No-Questions-Asked, Money Back Guarantee!
Not quite sure yet that HostGator is the best option for you? No problem. You can try them out risk-free!
Buy your plan today, and if you’re not completely satisfied, you can cancel any time within 45 days and get a full refund. Even if you change your mind after the first 45 days, you can still cancel any time and get a prorated refund for your unused months. HostGator doesn’t want your money unless you’re a happy customer and this rock-solid guarantee makes it 100% risk-free. So you can even pay for a 3-year plan up front and know you won’t get burned. There’s no risk, and you’ll have no regrets.
What are Gator Host’s Additional Services? Are They Really Worth It?
HostGator offers three add-ons that you can add to your order during check-out. It is most likely that you won’t need any of these extras, and I would advise you not to select them unless you fully understand what they are and know for sure you want them. Here’s a brief overview of each of these additional services:
HackAlert Monitoring (Powered by SiteLock)
This service is supposed to protect your website against hackers and malicious code injection by scanning your site frequently and letting you know if there is suspicious activity. You can add it to your plan for $1.67/mo (billed annually at $19.99)
Is it worth it? I’ve used it for two years, and I never felt it actually helped me. Maybe because my website has never been hacked, but still, I wouldn’t recommend that you add it to your order. HostGator already provides on-demand security checks through cPanel.
Professional Email (G Suite, Formerly Google Apps)
All of HostGator’s hosting plans come with unlimited email accounts (@yourdomain.com), but maybe you’re looking for something that’s more professional, with better functionality, as an alternative to the webmail interfaces of Horde, RoundCube, and SquirrelMail that come with cPanel. If so, You can add this service to your order for $5/month (billed monthly) and get G Suite for Business. You’ll be able to send and receive emails (@yourdomain.com) through the Gmail interface, and It will also give you access to all other Google services like Analytics, Drive, Docs, Calendar, & Hangouts.
Is it worth it? Yes – if you’re looking for super-charged email or Google apps access for yourself or your team members. However, you can buy this service any time from Google directly, so don’t let this be a decision that stops you from moving forward.
Automated Site Backups (Powered by Code Guard)
This service will make an automated daily backup of your website, just in case anything happens to go wrong and you need to restore your site to an earlier point. HostGator says that all their plans come with “Instant Backups,” but these are on-demand Backups that you need to request yourself through cPanel. If you want your backups to be automated, then you’ll need to get this service for $1.67/month (billed annually at $19.99).
Is it worth it? Yes, it is worth it. Most people forget to make on-demand backups through cPanel every once in a while, so this service makes sure that you’re covered if something does go wrong with your website.
Host Gator Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Are there HostGator renewal coupon codes?
A: Unfortunately, HostGator don’t provide any coupon codes or discounts on renewals. The only way to maximize savings over a long period is to use a coupon and pay for the longest hosting term up front.
- Q: What payment methods does HostGator accept?
A: Credit cards, PayPal, checks, money orders, and bank wires.
- Q: How can I reach HostGator Support?
A: Live Chat, Ticket System, Email, Knowledgebase, and phone support via 866-96-GATOR. They’re also active on Twitter and Facebook.
Which Shared Hosting Plan Should I Choose?
- If you just want to host one website, and you don’t need a private IP or dedicated SSL certificate (don’t worry, most sites don’t), then I’d easily recommend you go with the Hatchling plan – it’ll be absolutely fine for your needs. Click here to go to the order page with your 65% off coupon activated.
- If you’re going to be hosting more than one website, and you don’t need a private IP or dedicated SSL certificate, then my recommendation is the Baby plan. You can host unlimited sites on the same account. Click here to go to the order page with your 65% off coupon activated.
- If a private IP or Dedicated SSL certificate is a must for your business website, then I’d recommend that you go with a Business plan. You can host unlimited sites as well as getting the private IP and SSL features. Click here to go to the order page with your 65% off coupon activated.
- Don’t worry about outgrowing your plan. You’ll always have the option of upgrading to a VPS and get all your unused hosting credit transferred to your new plan. And the good news is because you’re buying a new plan and not just renewing, you’ll be eligible use another discount coupon!
- If your website has the unenviable “problem” of consistently receiving too much traffic for your current plan, HostGator will email you and ask you if you’d like to move to a VPS or dedicated server. They won’t just go ahead and suspend you like other web hosts.
Which Hosting Type Should I Choose?
- If you have a new website or are moving an existing website that receives less than 25,000 visits monthly, then you should be just fine with a generic shared hosting plan. Click here to get 65% off your shared plan.
- If you’re starting or moving a WordPress website, then I highly recommend that you check out Hostgator’s WordPress hosting plans, especially if you’re getting decent traffic. Your page load speed will be faster, and they have scalable plans that cater for up to 300,000 monthly visits. Click here to get a 60% discount on WordPress hosting plans.
- If your website receives a massive amount of traffic or if you own a lot of sites or a hosting company, then I recommend you check out Hostgator’s VPS or Dedicated Server plans.
- If you’re starting a small web hosting reseller business, then get yourself a decent Reseller plan that you can scale up at any time.
- If you’re building a professional app or looking for high-performance, scalable hosting for your non-WordPress website, then I recommend one of HostGator’s Cloud Hosting plans.
Try Them Out For 1 Month – It’ll Only Cost You 1 Cent!
If you’re not quite sure yet that HostGator is the best web host for you (though I can tell you from my seven years of experience in the web hosting field, I’m 100% sure they are the best), you can try their service out for a month for only 1 cent. Yes, you read it right! Only a penny! They have a coupon code for customers just like you, to try their service for one month practically for free. And, if you’re not happy with their service, you can cancel it at any time (but I’m confident you won’t even think about canceling). Click Here to activate this Offer.
Pros: Why HostGator Should Be Your #1 Choice:
- Experience. They have been in the hosting business for well over a decade
- They host over 10,000,000 websites. They can’t all be wrong!
- They offer a free website migration service
- Daily database backups, and automatic malware removal
- They’re user-friendly – even for beginners
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth on all shared plans
- Free shared SSL certificate
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Free $100 Google AdWords voucher
- Free full website transfer and domain name transfer
- Multiple support channels: live chat, phone, email, ticket system, and online knowledgebase
Cons: Because Every Host Has Some:
- They only provide discounts on your initial payment cycle. Renewal prices are set at original pricing points. You can avoid this by paying for a longer term, like three years. I’d recommend at least one year to ensure you’re getting a significant discount.
- Their Provo, Utah data center experienced a major network outage incident back in 2013 that lasted for several hours.
- They’re not always upfront in their marketing regarding renewal pricing points, backups, & additional services.
- They sometimes flag specific accounts during the activation process, meaning an extra verification step is required, and your website might be suspended if you don’t respond to their email on time.
- You will need to pay an extra fee to get fully automated backups; if you don’t select the Code Guard Automated Site Backups, and rely on HostGator’s free “Instant Backups” feature, you only get the regular, on-demand backups that you generate through cPanel. If you want automated backups taken daily and stored, you’ll need to add the “Code Guard” additional service for $1.33/mo (billed annually at $15.96)
HostGator Summary, History, & Company Profile:
HostGator is a leading web hosting provider founded on October 22, 2002, by Brent Oxley who ran the company from his dorm room at Florida Atlantic University. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas (initially at Boca Raton, Florida until 2006) with another office in Austin, Texas, and several international offices throughout Canada (Toronto, Ontario), Brazil (Florianópolis, Santa Catarina) and India. HostGator.com, LLC was acquired by EIG (Endurance International Group) on June 21, 2012, for $225 million and Adam Farrar was promoted to Chief Executive Officer after Brent Oxley decided to travel the world with his wife. HostGator has received many awards and is highly regarded within the web hosting industry.
HostGator is rated 4.1 / 49 votes.